Things that irritate me now that I’m a mom…
1. Other people’s kids.
2. Parents that do not discipline their children and/or teach them manners.
3. Restrooms that do not provide changing stations for babies. (I should just smear the dirty diaper on the mirror with a friendly message to the owners of the facility)
4. People who give dirty looks when a baby is crying in public ( Admittedly, I used to be one! Don’t get your panties in a wad, babies cry, get over it!)
5. Mass texts during my bedtime, nap time. (Thank you iPhone for your do not disturb option!)
6. Judgmental parents.
7. Even more, judgmental non parents.
8. Braggers. ( I enjoy talking about new things my baby does but I make sure to not brag, a lot of parents see parenthood as a competition, and Yall aren’t even winning!–ok ok, I can be #6 sometimes obviously.)
9. Parents who yell and/or hit their children in public. (Im all for discipline but how you choose to do it is private! Please go to a discrete location.)
10. Restaurants that do no have high chairs\slings for car seats. ( I’ve rarely come across the first but for the latter..I found it difficult to go somewhere unless we had her car seat since she slept so much and we needed a sling for it to sit on..no high chairs upside down don’t always work we tested one without baby and it almost fell with just the weight from the seat. I don’t trust them. I should really patent a collapsible cute one for travel 😉
I just had to. I just got back from a trip and several of these were constant. Yikes. Long day.
We are all in the same boat people, let’s try and help each other out with some respect, a genuine smile, and a closed negative mouth.